How can I help?
Depending on your needs, I can:
- create a new website, landing page, or application
- improve the existing website or app
- create a pixel-perfect implementation of your design
- create WordPress theme or plugin
- review and advice about maintaining a large-scale project (CSS architecture, design system, style guide)
- improve the user experience and increase conversion
- audit your website (SEO, UX, performance, accessibility, etc.)
- improve the workflow in your organization
- help to build a professional front-end and UX/UI team
- consult a variety of digital and web-related topics
Not sure what exactly your project needs? No problem, let’s talk or check:
- Semantic HTML
- CSS methodologies
- WordPress themes & plugins
- Accessibility (WCAG)
- User Experience (UX)
- Mobile first
- Attention to details
- Page speed (performance)
- Atomic Design
- Component-based approach
- Analytic mind
- Team player
- SCSS (Sass)
- Less CSS
- CSS box model
- CSS Grid
- Embedded Ruby (ERB)
- Progressive enhancement
- E-mail templates
- Adobe XD
- Design systems
- Style guides
- Material Design
- Project management
- Social Media
- Content management (CMS)
- User-centered design
- Information architecture
- React Native
- CSS Modules
- Tailwind CSS
- Test automation
- Ruby on Rails
- Zurb Foundation
- Value proposition
- Business model
- Design thinking
- User research
- Usability testing
- A/B testing
- Video editing
- Event planning
Because of the non-disclosure agreement (NDA) associated with most of my projects (definitely the best ones), I can’t share here my favorite code examples, project names, or clients.
However, I will be happy to talk about the scope of my work and experience without disclosing any confidential pieces of information, so if you are interested:
Timeline (key experiences)
The most significant projects and employment in my career.
- Full-stack developer
- Community manager
- Product owner
Developing and supporting the main website and other related projects. Creating graphics. Managing day-to-day tasks and social media. Contacting sponsors, maintaining relations with partners. Organizing tournaments and supporting the Fighting Games Community.
Basically, everything that the brand new project needs, to become well-known and successful in its niche.
- Full-stack developer
- Project manager
- Digital consultant
- UX engineer
Creating, implementing and managing a lot of different websites for clients as an independent contractor. Estimating and pricing web projects. Supporting and consulting.
- SEO webmaster
- Front-end developer
- WordPress developer
- SEO strategist
Auditing and optimizing websites as a member of the SEO department. Implementing websites, positioning, SEM.
- Front-end developer
- WordPress specialist
Front-end development for large-scale international projects. Implementing designs to the high standards that enterprise-level clients demand. WordPress development. Estimating projects. Providing ongoing support and maintenance as a dev team member.
UX Manager / Web Developer (Head of UX Department)
Dec 2022 – Present
Various tasks regarding web development and UX/UI as a UX manager. With the main focus on aligning the user experience goals with the company business objectives.
Coding, designing (low-fidelity mockups and high-fidelity designs), team leading and mentoring, consulting, improving company products, setting UX standards and design processes, collaborating with different teams, providing day-to-day support.
Head of UX/UI
Jun 2021 – Dec 2022
Head of UX/UI department role was mostly focused on creating (recruiting) and leading (mentoring) two teams: frontend (UI) and UX.
During that time, apart from team building, I also did some coding (frontend, WordPress), designing (Figma), and product management.
Front-end Developer / UX Consultant
Jul 2016 – Jun 2021
Improving existing and building new company products. The role was mostly focused on coding, but also UX consultancy with some UI design.
The biggest challange was taking charge of development of the key product, complex theme system for restaurant’ websites with lots of customizations and settings, and combine it with other responsibilities of a multi-role position in a fast growing startup.
Community Manager / Editor-in-chief / Full-stack Developer
Honmaru.pl · Jan 2005 – Present
Developing, maintaining, and supporting various Fighting Games Community projects. (Co)Organizing tournaments. Creating graphic materials. Managing day-to-day tasks and social media. Writing articles, guides, and news. Contacting sponsors, maintaining relationships with partners (see sample coverage of e-sports events).
Ahoy.so · Jun 2022 – Nov 2022
I was involved in community development, mainly topics regarding web development and UX (technical writing, answering questions, participating in educational events, etc.).
- News, articles, and guides for Honmaru.pl website
- UX & web development articles for UX Developer Blog
- News for Tekken Poland website
Conferences & meetups
- Polishopa Bydgoszcz local, Poland (2021)
- World Usability Day – PoWUD Poznań, Poland (2018, 2019)
- Monadic Warsaw, Poland (06.2018)
- meet.js Bydgoszcz #1, Poland (2016)
- WordUp Bydgoszcz #1, Poland (2014)
- TYPO3 Developer Days, Nuremberg, Germany (2016, 2015)
- TYPO3Camp POLAND II, Poland, Poznań (2014)
- Bydgoszcz Web Development Meetup, Poland (2014 – 2017)
Over the years, I’ve been involved in different fansites, open-source, and non-profit projects.
- Timeline (key projects)
- Fansites and non-profit projects
- WordPress contributions
- Open-source projects
- Commercial projects
- GitHub and Gists
- IT support at Bydgoszcz City Hall (2010)
- Game tester, QA at Frontline Studios (2008)
If you want to know me better or send me a message, I encourage you to visit:
- Contact section for the contact form and social links.
- My UX Developer blog.
- GitHub (including Gists).
- Twitter or Fediverse profile where I share interesting stuff mainly regarding the web development industry.
- YouTube channel where I share some of my martial arts & nunchaku videos (and of course fighting game videos, especially Tekken).
- And last but not least LinkedIn profile.
Thanks for your time and see you around the web! 🙂
Don’t hesitate to reach out via the contact form, e-mail, or on social media. Let’s keep in touch!
If you want to hire me, please keep in mind that I’m only interested in high-quality work that is worth the time and effort. I don’t compete on prices, and I don’t do low-quality, quick projects in which the focus is only on when not how.
I’m not accepting new commissions at the moment, but I’m open to making new connections for the future.
In terms of hiring, if you represent a non-profit or charity organization, you can count on special discount or even free help (depending on your budget and what you do).